Monday, November 25

stella soh

My one & only childhood friend whom I've known since 1979.  We were 10 years old then.  She is still my very best of friends even though we hardly chat now.  Looking back, I'm amazed at how our friendship has survived through the years.  It hasn't been easy.

At the start, I felt she had difficulty opening up herself to me.  I wanted so much to know what was in her world.  Hence, I gave myself whole-heartedly to her, sharing my deepest thoughts & heart.  Still, things didn't turn out the way I wanted.

You know, life does have its own little surprises.  I almost gave up.  I felt rather drained cos all these while, I've been the one who gave unconditionally.  I began to withdraw slowly from her & to my surprise, she opened up.  I was really happy.

We went out together quite frequently... chatting & laughing away non-stop.  Cannot imagine there were so much things to yak about!

Although the two of us have changed a little as we grew up, one thing for sure, our friendship has sustained.  I know she'll be there for me if I need her & vice versa.

She has become a part of me.  I treasure her alot & she'll always have a place in my heart.

25 Nov 1969