Thursday, August 29

joanne cheong

She was the one who approached me first.  I couldn't figure out why but almost every night, she would call for a chat. In the beginning, there were occasional silence... didn't know what to talk.  In fact, I felt quite uncomfortable about the quietness.

Well, I didn't really opened up to her.  Most of the time, I just gave advice & encouraged her.

How a friendship developed really amazes you at times.  Her persistency & sincerity touched my heart & I began to share with her.

Our favourite pastime was shopping.  Joanne loves to shop & she has a great sense of fashion.  My most memorable time with her was when we were in Hong Kong shopping.  Everyday we were out from morning till mid-night!

I loved her as a younger sister.  However, we drifted apart when she went overseas to study.

I still care for her very much & it does ache my heart to know that things would not be the same anymore.  Yet, in my heart, there will always be a place for her.

29 Aug 1979